For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Legislation”), the data controller is The Big Table Group Limited, a company registered with number 12631102. The registered address is Lower Ground Floor, Elsley House, 24/30 Great Titchfield Street, London W1W 8BF.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing [email protected], as further detailed below.
We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the data protection regulations. Throughout this document we refer to Data Protection Legislation means the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018), United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any legislation implemented in connection with the aforementioned legislation. Where data is processed by a controller or processor established in the European Union or comprises the data of people in the European Union, it also includes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). This includes any replacement legislation coming into effect from time to time. We may collect:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.iguanas.co.uk (our “Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in our restaurants or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, register to use our Order & Pay Platform, book a table at one of our restaurants, enter a competition, promotion or survey, purchase a gift card or voucher, apply for a job with us, register for Wi-Fi in our restaurants and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address postcode, phone number and birthday.
Information we collect about you on our Site:
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, date and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information we collect when you make a booking:
We use approved third parties to operate our reservations platform. They will send you an automated email message to confirm your booking details and may send further service emails if there is a change to your booking. We are also partnered with a company called Feeditback, who will send a service email giving you the opportunity to review your dining experience, so that we can make any necessary improvements.
Information we collect when you use wifi in our restaurants:
We use a company called Wireless Social to provide wifi in our restaurants. If you sign up to use the wifi in our restaurants, the Wireless Social terms and conditions will apply, which are available here.
Information we collect when you visit our online shop:
Information we collect when you use our Order & Pay Platform (our “O&P Platform”):
When using our O&P Platform, you may provide us with the following Information:
a) your name and contact details (email address and mobile telephone number), if you use the Platform to order at table at one of our restaurants;
b) your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used for the restaurant locator feature on the Platform or where you allow the Platform to access your location settings.
Payment processing services are provided by braintreepayments.com (a division of PayPal (Europe) S.A.R.L et cie, SCA (“Braintree”). The Platform will transfer payment detail directly from Braintree to our point-of-sale system. We will not store your card details on our system. Your personal and card detail will be securely stored by Braintree and used only to administer payment, verification of transactions, refunds and ease of use in future transactions using the service. See braintreepayments.com/gb/features/data-security.
Information we receive from other sources:
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combined your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Photography and Video Recordings:
As part of our local and brand marketing activities, from time to time we may be filming or taking photographs of happy guests enjoying their visits to our restaurants, when filming or taking photos for a particular campaign, the site will display a prominent poster to confirm that filming and photos will be taken in the restaurant. We will ensure that consent is obtained expressly in every case.
Information we need to verify your age and ID:
In order to comply with our legal obligations and the terms of our premises licences, we may request a copy of your identification (ID) to verify your age, using ID scanners provided by 365id, a trusted third party. In which case an image of your ID may be stored and retained securely, in each case for no longer than is necessary, in line with our retention policy.
We will only process your personal data in line with that which is permitted by the Legislation. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data. Typically we will process your data on one of the following bases:
- Consent given (e.g. for obtaining feedback, photos and video recordings for marketing purpose)
- Performance of a contract or an agreement with you (e.g. entry in a competition)
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g use of CCTV on sites)
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. if requested by authority for investigation)
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have consented to us contacting you for the purposes of marketing or other promotional purposes. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you or share information with you by electronic means (e-mail, social media or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to validate discounts and verify your identify;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and others;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Photography and Video Recordings. We will use this information:
- for use on social media and in our marketing. We will ensure that consent is obtained expressly.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and others;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
Implementing access controls to our information technology;
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores;
- Carrying out appropriate risk-based diligence and penetration testing on third party processors.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where any transfer outside of the UK occurs, we’ll ensure that any such transfer or processing is subject to appropriate legal and technical safeguards.
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. For more information, you may contact our DPO.
We will only retain your Information for as long as is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which we have collected it. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept.
Under the Legislation you have the right to make certain requests in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. We will not usually make a charge for dealing with these requests. If you wish to exercise these rights at any time please contact us using the details set out in the "Contact " section.
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access: You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your Information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
- The right to rectification: If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
- The right to object: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, in particular where we have used consent as the lawful basis for processing. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing [email protected].
- The right to erasure: This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with the law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your erasure request for specific legal reasons. Right to erasure does not apply in the following scenarios (i) when the lawful basis for processing the data is 'legal obligation'; (ii) For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims'.
- The right to restrict processing: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (i) if our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, (ii) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it, or (iii) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party: We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right may only apply to automated information which you initially provided consent for the Group to use or where the Group used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where the Group is relying on consent to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes: However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. All marketing communications will contain information about how to opt-out and electronic communications will have a direct link to unsubscribe. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Where possible we will endeavour to respond to notifications of withdrawn consent for use of image or film prior to publishing the image or film. It may not be possible to do so after publication.
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and/ or regulations. More information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: ico.org.uk
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they can help you address any concerns. You can access them here.