Crab & Prawn Bolinhos
The Crab & Prawn Bolinhos from our new Brazil Menu are the perfect party snack or starter.
Ingredients: (to make 50 balls)
- 450 g Prawns Raw (Deveined)
- 250 g Crab Meat
- 300 g Potatoes (par cooked)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 3 Free Range Eggs
- 250 g Panko Breadcrumbs
Method: (prep time 10 mins)
- Finely chop the prawns
- In a bowl, mash the par cooked potatoes and then mix in the chopped prawns, crab and seasoning
- Divide the mix into 50 balls (20g each)
- Place flour into a bowl, beat the eggs and place into a second bowl and place the panko breadcrumb into a third bowl
- Pane/breadcrumb the bolinhos by rolling in the flour followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumb, ensure the balls are of equal size with even coating.
- Deep fry the bolinhos (until core temp of 75c is achieved)
- Serve with lime aioli and a lime wedge. Sprinkle with micro coriander.