TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
FOH Manager Training
Every Front of House Manager undertakes six weeks of management training at our Centre of Excellence. Each department is covered so managers understand the business inside out. Our Management Induction Training workbook has been endorsed by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) and managers who successfully complete training will receive a certificate confirming their Las Iguanas Management Training from the ILM.
BOH Manager Training
Our Kitchen Managers go through 6 weeks of kitchen management induction training at our Chef Academy, covering all of the processes, recipes and fresh food that make up our extensive menu. They also receive comprehensive kitchen management training covering gross profit management, cost control and managing, recruiting and training their kitchen teams!
After BOH & FOH Managers complete their initial induction training, they receive our Management Development Programme which they can work through to develop their skills as a manager and as a leader in the business. There is huge scope to progress through the business and we have loads of examples of this – check out our Success Stories page.
There are plenty of extra activities to get involved with, to further your own skills and have your say:
- The Voice Teams for the kitchen, bar and floor meet quarterly to feedback and make plans for improvements led by the people that actually work in each department day to day.
- The Environmental Team drives our commitment to The Sustainable Restaurant Association.
- Incentive Champions
- Social Media ideas
- The Charity Group
- Area Support Trainers
INCENTIVES & BENEFITS
Every member of our team plays a BIG part in the Las Iguanas experience and we believe everyone should be rewarded for exceptional service and performance. We are always looking for new and unique ways to say well done to our people! Some of our current events include:
- Race to Rio: our Annual mystery-diner based competition with the victorious sites sending their four star performers off on a training trip to the land of carnival and cachaça. Check out some pics from recent trips:
- BOH and BAR Challenges: a great opportunity for you to let your creative juices flow and put your own stamp on our menu. With regional heats and a grand final, you get to show off your skills to a tough judging panel including a Director or two. The triumphant team are announced on the day and the winning dish or cocktail makes it on to the next seasonal menu. It’s as simple as that.
- Along with the Race to Rio and the BOH and Bar Challenges where you are competing against other Las Iguanas restaurants, the incentives vary from on-the-spot prizes to annual team targets to work towards. In the past, prizes such as Nintendos & Playstations, travel & experience days, vouchers and iPods have been up for grabs.
Every year we host an Awards Ceremony to say thank you to people who have stood out as our stars. Anyone from any department has the opportunity to win an award. The award ceremony itself brings together all of the shortlisted team members and General Managers and Head Chefs also attend the glamorous bash. The Awards Ceremony is a real opportunity to dress up, let your hair down and have a few laughs at the Directors’ expense.
Everyone can be in with a chance of winning by being the best of the best and we are always on the lookout for next year’s winners.
Managers benefit from our bonus scheme based on various service and standards benchmarks
In addition to our incentive programme, team members enjoy staff discount on food, long-service awards for 5, 10 and 15 years with the company, and if you have children then you can also take advantage of our Childcare Voucher Scheme. General Managers are also able to apply for Private Healthcare.*
*This is treated as a benefit in kind for tax purposes.